After the last post presented quite some degrees, university courses, classes, and certificates about Enterprise Architecture, today´s article focuses on trainings and online classes. While the difference is not always straightforward, the trainings and classes are usually shorter and cheaper and there is a larger number of providers and trainers. Also, trainings often focus on achieving a particular certificate that is widely accepted on the market (e.g., TOGAF, ArchiMate).
Online Classes and Trainings about Enterprise Architecture
1. Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence trainings and certificates
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence (EACOE) provides training, consulting, and certifications in Enterprise Architecture. We briefly covered the certifications in our last post. In addition, the EACOE provides a workshop approach, which has a length of 4 days and covers theoretical and practical aspects of EA. Fees amount to 3,695 US dollars.
2. The Knowledge Academy courses for future Enterprise Architects
The Knowledge Academy provides Enterprise Architecture courses with a focus on market standard certificates. They provide two different courses packages:
- Enterprise Architect Certification, which includes content to certify in TOGAF, ArchiMate, and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Complete Enterprise Architect Expert Package, which includes content to certify in TOGAF, ITIL, CISSP, and AWS Architect.
Unfortunately, there are no prices for the courses on their website and one must quote individually. They also state that there is a current offer, providing a 40% discount. However, the countdown for this “limited offer” resets when you refresh the page, so I don’t think this is real.
3. Web Age Solutions INC general enterprise architecture trainings
Web Age Solutions INC provides a series of Enterprise Architecture trainings as well. They have two general EA trainings and one TOGAF training:
- General Architecture Training. This includes the following classes: Integrating Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture, Integrating Solution Architecture, Management Skills for Architects, Architecture Foundation Workshop, Architecture Techniques, Fundamentals of Architectural Thinking, and ArchiMate for Architects.
- Enterprise Architecture Training. This includes the following classes: Management Quick Start, EA Getting Started, Enterprise Architecture Practitioner´s Guide, Reference Architecture and Roadmaps, Establishing an Architecture Baseline, and Introduction to Agile Architecture.
- TOGAF Training including both levels, as well as exam preparation.
4. Digital Academy certified enterprise architecture practitioner
The Digital Academy provides training called Certified Enterprise Architecture Practitioner. It has a duration of 7 days with 8 hours per day and costs roughly 5,300 dollars including the exam. The course content covers general EA topics, as well as specific TOGAF content.
Classes include: Introduction to enterprise architecture, architecture lifecycle & development methodology, architecture principles and patterns, business architecture, information architecture, application architecture, technology architecture, architecture governance & management, architecture requirements & change management, EA and relationship to SOA, architecture partitioning, content framework and meta model, capability-based planning, business transformation readiness assessment, using TOGAF standard to develop security architectures, architecture repository, using TOGAF standard to develop SOAs, and risk management.
Online classes providers and individual trainers complement the Enterprise Architecture degrees, courses, classes, and certificates landscape
Again, there are quite a few companies nowadays that provide platforms for individuals to offer their courses and online classes to students. In the following, I am going to mention four of them including their offers for Enterprise Architecture courses.
5. Coursera EA Courses
Coursera provides foundational training to Enterprise Architecture with a workload of approximately 12 hours, which can be taken online. The course itself can be started for free, however, the certification costs money. According to coursera, the training has been taken by more than 14,000 individuals and they gave an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
6. Udemy EA Courses
Udemy has a broad library of online courses from private lecturers. Naturally, there are also several courses on Enterprise Architecture available. Courses on Udemy include:
- Enterprise Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture by Example
- The Practice of Enterprise Architecture Part I-III
There are also many more courses that target the TOGAF or other certifications. As there are often sales on Udemy, the best way to book such a course is to wait for that time.
7. EdX EA Courses
edX provides an overview of courses and degrees provided by other institutions.
Introduction to Business Architecture is a free course provided by TokyoTechX that requires 2-3 hours per week for 4 weeks.
8. LinkedIn Learning EA Courses
LinkedIn Learning is another site that offers trainings and online classes. Enterprise Architecture classes include:
- Enterprise Architecture Foundations with a duration of only 1 hour. It can be started with a free month.
- Enterprise Architecture in Practice – very similar to the foundation with a duration of only 1 hour. It is included in the free month as well.
That´s it for the overview of current Enterprise Architecture university degrees, courses, classes, certificates, and trainings – online or offline. I hope that you found some interesting offers for your situation. If you encountered additional offerings, please let me and the other readers know by commenting below!